- 3 Apples (halved, cored and thinly sliced)
- 1½ lbs sweet potatoes (peeled, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Smart Balance ® Butter, melted
- ¼ cup apple juice or cider
- Toss the apple slices with the lemon juice.
- In a 1 ½ quart baking dish or casserole, arrange layers of the potatoes and apples. Save the most attractive potato slices fo rthe top layer, arranging them in a pinwheel design
- Pour apple juice or cider and the melted butter over all. Cover the casserole and bake it in a preheated 350⁰ oven for 1 hour. Uncover it and bake for another 15 minutes.