Edited from smartbalance.com
For the Filling:
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp Smart Balance® Original Buttery Spread
- 1/2 cup skim evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 tbsp* chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
- Smart Balance® Omega Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tbsp Smart Balance Original Buttery Spread
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Peel and chop the sweet potatoes. Add potatoes to pot with enough water to cover the sweet potatoes. Boil until tender (approximately 20 minutes), then drain. Add the remaining ingredients and use emulsion blender to puree until smooth. Lightly spray pie dish with Smart Balance® Omega Non-Stick Cooking Spray. Transfer sweet potato puree to a pie dish.
Mix the topping ingredients together with a fork and spread evenly over the sweet potatoes. Bake at 375° F for 30 minutes.
Serves 10 For printable version, click here.
*To make spicier, add more peppers.