- 1 1/2 pounds baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, finish covering pan using Pam Oil Spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (6 cloves)
- ½ t red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance Spread
- ½ c of Kitchen Basic chicken stock with no added salt or fat
- Run cold water over spinach in a strainer. Pat the leaves dry.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and pepper to the pan, toss it with the garlic and oil, cover the pot, and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Uncover the pot, add the chicken stock, turn the heat on high, and cook the spinach for another minute, stirring with a wooden spoon, until all the spinach is wilted.
- Using tongs, lift the spinach to a serving bowl and top with the spread and squeeze of lemon. Serve hot.