Our delicious pumpkin bread is perfect for Halloween and for all your fall festivities! Not only is it tasty, it is healthy for you! Our recipe uses white whole wheat flour. You get the benefits of whole wheat flour but it has a lighter color and a milder taste than regular whole wheat flour.
3 cups white whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp allspice
3 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup Splenda® Blend
¾ cup apple sauce
2/3 cup water
2 cups cooked, warm mashed pumpkin
1. Place raisins in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Let soak while combining other ingredients.
2. In large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and baking soda.
3. In medium bowl, beat together eggs, brown sugar blend, applesauce, water, and oil.
4. Drain raisins and stir into applesauce mixture, then add to flour mixture.
5. Pour batter into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan and bake on 350⁰F for 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool in pan for additional 10 minutes, turn onto a rack to complete cooling.