Fresh Vegetable Burritos With Cheese
4 tsp. vegetable oil
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 tsp. garlic chopped, divided
1 Tbsp. chopped jalapeno pepper
¼ cup Daisy Reduced Fat Sour Cream
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
1 cup chopped red onion
1 cup Crimini mushrooms
1 cup fresh corn kernels
1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise & sliced
1 cup yellow & red cherry tomatoes
4 oz reduced fat shredded cheese
6 La Tortilla Factory® high fiber low carb tortillas
1. Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add rice and 1/2 teaspoon garlic; sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork; stir in jalapeño.
2. Combine sour cream, chopped cilantro, juice, and red pepper in a small bowl.
3. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic and mushrooms; sauté 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add corn and zucchini; sauté 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and tomatoes; sauté 30 seconds or until tomatoes are thoroughly heated. Remove vegetable mixture from pan. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
4. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide sour cream mixture evenly among tortillas; spread to a thin layer, leaving a 1-inch border. Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese, about 1/4 cup rice mixture, and about 1/2 cup vegetable mixture. Fold ends and roll up each. Return skillet to medium heat. Add 2 burritos to pan, seam side down; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned. Repeat procedure with remaining burritos. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.
You can double your recipe and use vegetables for multiple dishes: pizza (see dough recipe and use sour cream spread as your base), put vegetables in KITCHEN BASICS® low sodium broths for an easy soup, add veggies to scrabbled eggs and make a breakfast burrito, mix left over rice and fresh corn for a side dish with your next meal.
Whole Grain Pizza Dough
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Makes: 2 servings Prep Time: 55 min Cook Time: 10 min
1 tsp. sugar
1½ cups warm water
1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. salt
3 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
* 2 Tbsp. white whole wheat flour to sprinkle on counter top
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar in warm water. Sprinkle yeast over the top, and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable oil and salt into yeast mixture. Stir in flour to form dough. Sprinkle the 2 Tabl. of flour onto counter top and add dough. Knead until all flour is absorbed.
- Cover loosely and let rise about 45 minutes or until doubled in size. Place dough on floured surface and divide into half for two pizza pans. Bake at 425 degrees or refrigerate until ready to use.