It’s A Wrap for Great Food in 2015!

Delicious, Great Nutrition Made Easy!

(Cooking Demonstration Here)Final product

As a Registered Dietitian, the best thing I can do to help my clients eat healthy, nutritious food is to encourage them to eat at home more and to include plenty of plant foods in their diet.

This is why I love to provide my clients with clever ideas for quick, delicious recipes. Wraps are at the top of my list.

I work with Flatout Flatbreads™ because their products pass the great taste test while meeting my high standards for good Flatout walmart demonutrition.  These standards include: being a whole grain source, low in calories, high in fiber and having adequate protein (with less than 10% of the recommended daily intake for sodium)

My favorite @flatoutbread wraps include those wonderful veggies sitting in the refrigerator plus reduced fat cheese, a lean protein source and a sprinkle of nuts and seeds.

Try this Chopped Veggie Flatout Flatbread™ Wrap

• Flatoutveggies for refrig Flatbread™
  • Variety of vegetables, chopped
  • Avocado or low-fat Greek yogurt
  • 2 oz. of rotisserie chicken or turkey breast, chopped
  • Reduced fat feta cheese
  • 1 Tbl. sunflower seeds
  • 1 Tbl. almond slivers
  • Your favorite vinegar
  • Extra virgin olive oil in a spritzer

1).  Take your favorite veggies from your refrigerator or some already chopped in a bag.  I keep a salad spinner full of romaine lettuce, spinach, carrots, cucumbers, radishes, red sweet peppers, cauliflower, broccoli and red onion.

2).  Chop up your vegetables.

3).  Lay out a Flatout Flatbread Original™, Flatout Flatbread Italian Light™, or Flatout Hungry Girl Foldout Flatbread™.

4).  Start with a spread to build on.  I recommended mashing an avocado to use as a base or low-fat plain Greek yogurt.

5).  Spread your chopped vegetables, nuts and feta cheese on top, leaving room to roll up.

6). Sprinkle your favorite infused vinegar on top — Fig Balsamic Vinegar is my favorite. Then spritz on some Extra Virgin olive oil (it’s worth purchasing an olive oil sprayer).

7). Roll and munch!

The great thing about wraps (besides being nutritious and delicious) is that folks with no cooking experience, from ages 8 to 88, can make them.  Even college students who only have a small dorm refrigerator and storage bin can have access to a yummy homemade meal or snack.

Get creative with your wraps! Checks out the fun recipes Flatout fans are sharing and add one of your own: Flatoutbread Blogger Recipes.

Link to a $.50 off coupon: https://www.hopster.com/offers/flatout/1307/2852/1

Go here for a chance to win a Fitbit and a variety of Flatout Flatbreads™: http://www.flatoutbread.com/flatoutlove/

brands

This entry was posted in healthy foods, Healthy Recipes, New Products, school lunches, Wraps and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to It’s A Wrap for Great Food in 2015!

1. Cathy says:

Thanks for the recipes & suggestions. Might help me keep my New Years Resolutions!

2. Susan Murphy says:

Can’t wait to try this recipe out. My husband and I have committed
    to eating healthier this 2015. I have already purchased my Flatbread and look forward to incorporating more veggies. Thanks for making this information available for us. You are such an inspiration to us Carol!

Thanks again,
    Susan Murphy

3. Karen says:

What a great way to make a quick lunch or dinner. I’m going to try Flatouts with hummus and julienned veggies.

4. Kat says:

As an athlete but also a girl there is such confusion around bread and carbohydrates. I need the complex carbs but focus on protein, fat in terms of muscle build. What ratios of carb to other nutrients are you recommending for someone looking to keep low cal but high nutrition?

• CSLOffice says:

Hi kat,

Yes you do. The number one source of fuel for athletes in limited supply is muscle glycogen. Include plenty of plant foods which have carbs, as well as awesome nutrition to support your immune system!

5. Will says:

Sounds like a good way for me to get out of my ham sandwich rut… Glad to hear these wraps get the health stamp of approval, as I always wonder when checking out the options at the store. And I’ll be trying the Greek yogurt idea, too!

6. Terry Cohen says:

These recipes look awesome..can’t wait to try them! Great job, Carol!

7. Megan T says:

Thanks for the idea! Flatouts sound perfect for making a healthy and fun flatbread. Can’t wait to try it at home!

8. Melissa says:

This sounds delicious! I especially like the idea of using avocado as a base spread. Can’t wait to try it 🙂

9. Chelsea says:

Yummy! I am a big fan of hummus with a drizzle of balsamic combined with chicken, lettuce, and veggies.

10. Kristin K says:

What a fun idea for a weekend activity and treat for me to enjoy with my nieces! Love that I can introduce healthy options for them to reach for after-school or when they need a quick pick-me-up.

11. Sara Cowie says:

great idea! I am definitely going to try this out.

12. Deborah Wainerdi says:

These are wonderful for the grandchildren – I just put out a variety of ingredients and let them get creative. Not only are they snacking healthier, they are having fun.

13. Allison says:

As the mother of a three year old, I am always looking for healthy and quick lunch ideas that she can help with. My little chef is going to love helping me assemble these wraps.

14. ali says:

This recipe looks amazing. Can’t wait to incorporate Flatouts into my healthy eating plan forv2015!

15. sallymariemurphy says:

Thanks for the tip! I’m going shopping tomorrow, they are on the list, can’t wait to try them my husband and I are always looking for simple ways to eat healthier.

16. Melissa says:

Thanks Carol! I can’t wait to try this with the Flats, I’m always looking for new ways to put together leftover veggies and ingredients that I have in my fridge into quick and healthy meals.

17. Chris says:

Great idea! Can’t wait to try it.

18. Julia H says:

Sounds delish! I love the variety of textures with the wrap–smooth avocado spread with the crunchy vegetables and nuts. Great way to fill up for the day. Another great idea would be to stuff the Flatout wrap with low-fat peanut butter and sliced banana for an on-the-go breakfast.

19. Michelle says:

It’s delicious. I am also loving your tip to keep veggies in a salad spinner in the fridge – thank you Carol!

20. Lara says:

I love making pizza flatbreads with the Flatouts—it’s super quick. Just spread a little marinara sauce on a Flatout, sprinkle some mozzarella and Parmesan and add some chopped onions, bell peppers and mushrooms. Then broil it in the oven for 5 min. Done!

21. David Lapin says:

I’ve had a version of this recipe many times. Love The Flatouts!

22. CSLOffice says: