Cocoa Applesauce Cake
Makes: 12 slices Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 30 – 40 min
¾ cup Splenda® Blend
½ cup Smart Balance® Spreadable Butter & Canola Blend
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder ((100% cacoa)
2 cups applesauce (no added sugar)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup whole white wheat flour
½ cup walnuts, chopped (if desired)
Smart Balance® Omega Non-Stick Cooking Spray
1. Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
2. Cream ¾ cups sugar and Smart Balance® Spread and eggs.
3. Sift the cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon and both flours ingredients into a large bowl.
4. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients, alternating with applesauce until just blended.
4. Pour into 10 ½ X 15 ½ inch square pan sprayed prepared with Smart Balance® Omega Non-Stick Cooking Spray
5. Sprinkle chopped walnuts over batter (optional). Bake for 30-40 minutes.